1 stick of celery
2 cloves of garlic
5 chestnut mushrooms
A small handful of pancetta cubes
Beef mince (500g)
1 tbsp of tomato purée
Chopped tomatoes (400g)
Beef stock (200ml)
1 glass of red wine
4 tbsp of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
Dried spaghetti pasta (350g)
A handful of Parmesan, grated
A few sprigs of fresh basil, chopped
- Serves: 4
- Fry the pancetta in a pan with some oil until it browns and crisps up.
- Add the mince and brown.
- Add the diced onion, carrot, celery, garlic and mushrooms, then stir well.
- Coat everything in the pan with the tomato purée and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the glass of red wine and beef stock and let it bubble away until reduced by half.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan along with the Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- Boil a pan of salted water and add the pasta to cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Arrange the spaghetti on a plate and scoop the Bolognese over the top. Scatter over some chopped basil and parmesan then enjoy.